1992 Hot Wheels VW Bug Collector Number 171, originally released in 1992, is part of the Hot Wheels Collector Number Series and is also a member of my personal collection.
The VW Bug is a Hot Wheels casting based on a 1953 – 1957 VW Bug and was created by Hot Wheels designer Larry Wood. It was released into the line-up in 1989. Although this is not the first Bug to be in the Hot Wheels line-up. The Original Bugs or Beetles were released as part of the 1968 “Sweet Sixteen”. Although the Custom Volkswagen was issued in two different countries back then and were very different from each other. This resembles the Hong Kong casting. There was its other famous striped cousin the Volkswagen (1974) which more resembles the US version of the Custom Volkswagen.
Model Details –
- Designer: Larry Wood
- Vehicle: VW Bug
- Year: 1992
- Collector #: 171
- Series & #: Collector Number 171
- Colors: metallic purple
- Tampos: orange, green and yellow on roof, hood and sides
- Interior Color: red
- Windows: clear
- Misc Details: ‘Blue Card’
- Base: unpainted, metal
- Wheels: BW
- Toy #: 0453
- Country: Malaysia
- Base Codes:
- Photo Credits: [???]
- Contributor Credits: @Stanley
- Notes: [???] indicates missing data, join our Diecast Forum to contribute
1992 Card Back –
Related Models/Series –
|$9.50 (5 Bids)|
End Date: Wednesday Jan-16-2019 17:29:33 PST
Bid now | Add to watch list
End Date: Saturday Jan-19-2019 15:31:02 PST
Buy It Now for only: $6.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- This article uses material from the “VW Bug” article on the Hot Wheels wiki at Fandom and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.
- Do you have a comment or suggestion or want to submit an article or photo for possible publication? Feel free to reach out to us via our Contact Us Form or use our Diecast Forum.
- Hot Wheels® is a trademark of Mattel, Inc. which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site - despite how awesome it is!
- DNN is not responsible for typographical errors, pricing errors, price changes, price mistakes or adjustments.