2017 Hot Wheels ’70 Dodge Charger Experimotors Model 1/10 is our Pick of the Day
This ’70 Dodge Charger is an exact representation of the “Off Road” 1970 Dodge Charger R/T that was used in the movie Furious 7. The Hot Wheels model was designed by Brendon Vetuskey and released in 2017 as part of the 2017 New Model Lineup as model 1/10 in the Experimotors Series.
When Dominic (portrayed by Vin Diesel) and his team agree to help Mr. Nobody (portrayed by Kurt Russell) rescue a hacker named Ramsey from a terrorist named Mose Jakande, a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T is given to him by Mr. Nobody, who allows Dominic to use any of the cars and any equipment in the garage.
Tej Parker (Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges) uses parts from a military jeep to add more weight and power to the Charger. Dom then uses the Charger to reverse out of the hangar of a plane, falling over 10,000 feet (3,000 km) before deploying his parachute. At one moment Dom is surrounded by a group of terrorists as he attempts to escape with Ramsey, and decides to drive down a steep cliff, causing the car to roll over multiple times. Although Dom and Ramsey survive, the car ends up being completely destroyed.
Interesting fact about this die-cast model, is that the designer managed to incorporate working suspension. Protrusions from the interior hold the axles in place. Though they are made from a flexible material, the axles are able to move up and down; like suspension. Another smart design is the way the tires on the back are made. They almost look like black tires, but are actually part of the plastic window piece. Due to the concentration of plastic in the tires, they appear to be solid plastic.
Model Details –
- Designer: [???]
- Vehicle: [???]
- Year: 2017
- Collector #: 004/365
- Series & #: Experimotors 1/10
- Colors: Black
- Tampos: Red stripe on back, Silver hood pins, HW logo & Silver exhaust tips on sides
- Interior: Grey
- Windows: [???]
- Base: black, plastic
- Wheels: Chrome Red & Black [OR6SP]
- Toy #: [???]
- Country: Malaysia
- Base Codes: J34
- Variations: – We are currently researching the variations on this model and hope to update this post soon. If you are looking for information regarding Hot Wheels variations please check out the books and guides we use as reference.
- Photo Credits: [???]
- Contributor Credits: @Stanley
- Notes: [???] indicates missing data, join our Diecast Forum to contribute
2017 Card Back –
- Born: 2015
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
- Designer: Chrysler Corporation
- Specialty: Modified with long travel suspension, limited slip differential and a tubular cage and armor, this epic Charger was built to pursue the enemy in outrageous high-speed chases – even after dropping 10,000 feet from a cargo plane!
Related Models/Series –
You May Also Enjoy –
|$1.99 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Jul-22-2017 17:17:25 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
|$2.99 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Saturday Jul-22-2017 9:36:19 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list